Atlanta REI

Monday, May 08, 2006

Work and Family

I know I have not been posting much lately, but I have been so busy with work and our second child will be here any day.

At work, several of our clients are in the process of purchasing more apartment communities, so I have been extremely busy completing the underwriting and due diligence on three different properties in three different parts of town.

At home I have been working on the nursery for our second child. He is scheduled to be here on Wednesday (c-section), so as you might expect I will be a little occupied for a while. Our first is only two, so it will be my job to entertain him for the next few weeks while my wife recovers.

Also, since the baby is so close, I have been trying to take it easy and not get involved in a deal unless I see one that is just to good to let pass by. Although, I can't help it. On Saturday I went and looked at a house in a neighborhood near my in-law's house. It will be another short sale, so if it were to pan out, it probably would not close until late June. Therefore, I would have plenty of time to spend with my family.

2 Comments:

  • Short sales are fun. I tried one once but the bank was just a pain to work with, even though I had signed documents from the borower giving me permission to see said documents.

    Personally, even with the extra work of preparing the short sale proposal, I'd still rather do that than a Sub-To.

    Best of luck with your new child.

    By Blogger NinjaPigeon, at 2:37 PM  

  • Thanks ninja. An agent that brings me these deals specializes in short sales. Her focus is to save the seller from foreclosure, that is all she does. Therefore, she completely handles the entire process for me. All I do is make an offer and she negotiates with the bank. It is a lot of hard work, but she loves it. Oh, and the bank pays her commission. Gotta love that.

    By Blogger Dunwoody, at 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home